Wednesday, August 22, 2012

working the flea review

I did it, I did it! I finally crossed one thing off my "Summer Bucket List!"

This past weekend, Fort Worth got some serious torrential rain. We sure needed it and I was actually pretty thankful, as it diminished the amount of people out shopping tremendously! Don't get me wrong, I think people going shopping on the weekend and pumping money into the Fort Worth economy is great, but with it being Tax Free Weekend I was pretty leery about leaving the house.

Saturday afternoon, I decided to venture out in the crazy storm and head to a place I've been dying to go to for a while: Working the Flea. This adorable little boutique in the Camp Bowie District charmed me from the moment I stepped inside the front door.

cute, right?
The shop carries a mix of boutique clothing similar to that of Francesca's with a garage sale / vintage store atmosphere. From home decor to gifts to drinkware, the items they carry seem to have that one-of-a-kind, treasure quality that I'm obsessed with! I picked up just one thing--a gift for my sister's upcoming birthday. I definitely plan to return for more goodies, though.



The only reason it took me this long to visit is the shop's hours are 10-5, Tuesday through Saturday. So that pretty much leaves Saturday as the only possible day to go since I work an 8-5 job. If only they could extend their hours until 6! Ah well, no matter. It's an ideal situation to protect my bank account from excessive treasure-hunting expenses.

Have you been to Working the Flea or any of the other adorable boutiques on Camp Bowie? xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...