Friday, June 21, 2013

trader jacques [joe's] macarons

Though I will always have a special place in my heart for cupcakes, I've recently been bitten by the macaron bug. And not just any macaron--French macarons! Those coconut macaroons [read: two o's instead of one] you can find in a grocery store are alright, but they ain't got nothin' on these light, crispy-on-the-outside-chewy-on-the-inside cookies that come in a plethora of fillings, flavors, and colors.

Although there are a few little macaron bakeries in Dallas, they are not as close as I'd like when a sudden craving strikes. Enter: Trader Joe's. I discovered that this inexpensive health food mecca just down the road actually sells French macarons in the frozen aisle! I thought this was questionable at first, but for $4.99 I decided to give them a whirl.


Four boxes later, these macarons have become a kitchen staple. I opt for the box containing colorful cookies with flavors like Cassis, Coffee, and Pistachio; however, Trader Joe's does also sell a box of plain vanilla and chocolate. If you live near a TJ's, I suggest you check these out asap! These cookies can be kept frozen and only require 30 minutes to thaw at room temperature. I have only one word left to say: heavenly.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...