Monday, June 24, 2013

summer style guide | modern bohemian

Lately, I can't get enough of festival style.

The carefree, bohemian vibe just speaks to me these days; maybe it's the summer heat that's getting to me. Fashion always repeats itself, and this style is no exception, though it's a lot sexier than the 70's inspired clothing that was "in" a few several years ago. [I can only laugh when I remember a pair of flared jeans I wore in 8th grade that had suede leather laces on either side of the fly zipper. Wow.]

I was inspired by an image I found on Pinterest of what I think is a modern take on boho style. I love the simplicity of the off-the-shoulder white top paired with my favorite wardrobe staple: cutoff shorts. I think the shades add a little edge to the ensemble, a deviation from something more expected like retro cat-eye, wayfarer, or small round lens shapes. Even the jewelry is kept minimal: one simple ring. I used my imagination for footwear and picked something a little funky to add some interest to the whole look. What do you think of this modern bohemian style? xo.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
PS: If anyone knows the true image source, please let me know! So far I have only been able to find it on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...