Friday, June 28, 2013

post-workout banana protein shake

I've been focusing a lot more on weights in my workouts these days and in turn, have incorporated more protein in my diet on the days I lift. I'm by no means a heavy weight lifter; I usually stick to the 5 or 10 lb. dumbells depending on the exercise I'm doing.

After one of my most recent workout sessions, I wasn't feeling super hungry but knew I needed to fuel my muscles I'd just worked. I came home and whipped up a little banana protein shake using what I had on hand, and it actually turned out pretty delicious. 


Ingredients
1 medium ripe banana, cut into small chunks
1/2 - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder*
1 large tablespoon of creamy natural peanut butter
1 large tablespoon of fat free plain greek yogurt
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
5-8 ice cubes, depending on how thick you like your shakes
a splash of cold water

*If you are doing lots of reps or heavy weights, opt for more protein. As I mentioned, I lift fairly light weights, so I use about 1/2 a scoop of protein in my shakes.

Directions
Toss ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add water a little at a time until the ingredients begin to blend--just not too much or it will taste, well, watery! Once blended, you can add more ice cubes for thicker consistency.

Enjoy your post workout treat! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...