Thursday, June 20, 2013

project cupcake | cup cakin machine

I've been wanting to try Cup Cakin Machine's cupcakes for quite a while, but always seemed to miss them on the few times they made an appearance in Fort Worth [this cupcakery on wheels largely sticks to the Dallas area.]

I finally got a chance a few weeks ago to get a cupcake after a yummy dinner at the Fort Worth Food Park. Since it was late in the evening, they only had Red Velvet left, which was fine with me since I do love some classic red velvet!

It takes a lot for me to say I that I just straight up didn't like a cupcake. I'm usually so easy to please. However, I was so disappointed with my cupcake from Cup Cakin. The frosting was not cream cheesy enough. The cake was not red velvety enough. It tasted ordinary, and very sugary. The cocoa was a little too prevalent, resulting in more of a brown instead of a true red hue. I could go on. Overall, I do not think I'll be a repeat customer, unfortunately! If you live in the DFW area, let me know if you have tried their cupcakes before and had a better experience than I did. xo.


Cupcake flavor I tried: Red Velvet

Description: Very large, very sweet, but did not taste like a classic red velvet should. Cream cheese was not a major ingredient in the frosting. Decent texture, but it didn't seem to be mixed well as the coloring was not evenly red throughout.

Address: Check their schedule online to see where they will be during the week.

Twitter: @cupcakinmachine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...