I may be a Texas girl, but you don't have to be Texan [or southern] to love BBQ. The spicy, tangy, sweet flavor of a good BBQ sauce can add so much zest to an otherwise boring meal. I make these BBQ chicken sandwiches often because A. they are delicious and B. they are super duper easy to make!
With the help of a slow cooker and only a few ingredients, you can create a delicious meal in no time. Enjoy! xo.
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [or your preferred choice]
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. light or fat free Italian salad dressing
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
1-2 chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
1. Mix BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Italian dressing, and brown sugar in a small bowl to make the marinade.
2. Put chicken in the slow cooker and pour the marinade over it.
3. Cook on high for approx. 3.5-4 hours or low for 6. Keep an eye on it and check the center to see if it is still pink. Once it is white all the way through, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
4. Toss shredded chicken on a skillet and pour another 1/4 cup BBQ sauce [or more to taste]. Stir it around on low heat and let it soak in the flavor for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve chicken mixture on toast or buns. Enjoy!