Monday, April 8, 2013

introducing | fort worth bike sharing

I usually consider myself fairly "in-the-know" about the goings-on in this growing city I call home. However, though previously I'd thought bike sharing was just a rumored possibility, I was completely [and pleasantly] surprised when I woke up one morning last week to see tweets announcing the installation of thirty bike share stations all around the downtown, southside, and cultural districts. Fort Worth just got some major brownie points in my book!

The official "launch" day takes place on April 22, which also happens to be Earth Day! How perfect. In the first inaugural ride, 300 volunteers will ride the spiffy red bikes from Burnett Park to one of the thirty designated bike share stations around  central Fort Worth. Memberships range from 24 hours to annual passes. An annual pass is $80 [a great deal if you ask me!] and if you register before April 22, you get $10 off! Hop on over to the Fort Worth Bike Sharing website for information about Bike Share Station locations and to register for a pass.

via
I'll definitely share my first bike share experience with you all once the launch takes place! I'm pretty anxious to take a bike from the the West 7th/Stayton location [right next to Chuy's] for a spin around the Trinity Trails.

Do you plan to test out the new Fort Worth Bike Sharing? xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...