Monday, April 22, 2013

beachy waves tutorial

Oh, how I love beachy waves! I can't get enough of this laid-back look. After trying various methods to achieve this effortless style, I finally found one that works on my straight hair that looks fairly natural in my opinion. The best part is that it requires no heat! I've gotten many compliments on my new go-to 'do and wanted to share with you guys. Let me know if it works for you! xo.



Method
You'll need: 
Sea salt texturizing spray [I am loving Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray]
Hair tie [I am obsessed with these from Sephora]
French braiding skills [see Lauren Conrad's video or ask a friend!]


Directions:
1. Start with damp hair [read: not soaking wet]. Spritz your hair liberally with the sea salt spray. Make sure to avoid the roots and stick to middle of the strands to the ends.

2. French braid your hair. Don't worry about being perfect--the messier the better, in my opinion. The smaller the sections you use, the more waves you'll get. Bigger sections=subtle, larger waves. Secure the end of the braid with a hair tie. If it's nighttime, go ahead and sleep on it. If you're getting ready before work or just going out during the day, leave the braid in until it is mostly or fully dry.

3. Remove the hair tie and use your fingers to gently loosen the waves. Feel free to spray more sea salt spray onto your hair and use a scrunching motion to add a little more texture to the waves. And voilĂ --you're ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...