Monday, April 15, 2013

how to eat salmon... and like it?

I'm not the most healthy eater you will find, but I do try to make good choices every now and then. I didn't grow up liking/eating seafood, but once I married a guy that loved pretty much every type of food, my options consequently expanded. Tremendously.

One thing that is both easy to make and extremely good for you is salmon. Not only is salmon high in protein and low in calories, but it's also got tons of omega-3's, which work wonders for your cardiovascular health! [source]

Let's jump into the recipe. Try it and tell me what you think. Feel free to share your favorite way to eat salmon [or fish in general]! xo.

Lemon Pepper Herb Salmon

Ingredients
Lemon pepper
Fresh ground pepper
Oregano
Fresh lemon
Olive Oil
Salmon filet[s]

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place thawed salmon filets skin side down onto greased glass pyrex dish [I just do a quick spritz of PAM]
2. Brush about a teaspoon or two of olive oil on top of each filet.
3. Sprinkle lemon pepper, Oregano, and extra ground pepper [to taste] on each filet.
4. Slice lemon into thin slices and place 2-3 slices on top of each piece of salmon. You can even squeeze a little lemon juice on top if you really like lemon, like I do!
5. Put the salmon in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until the fish is flakes easily with a fork.

Remove the lemon slices and enjoy over a bed of white rice with some kind of green veggie, like asparagus, peas, or green beans! Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...