Friday, December 2, 2011

chocolate peanut butter crisps

Heavenly. There is no other word to describe these "cookies".

I first tried these when I visited my grandmother's friend during Christmas several years ago. She had made these for us and I loved them. Fast forward to today, and I am married to a wonderful man who loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter. He doesn't have as big of a sweet tooth as I do, but this combination is his weakness. On a whim at the grocery story this evening, as I was picking up Theraflu and chicken noodle soup for my sick significant other, I grabbed the three ingredients I'd need to create these no-bake cookies.

Let's get started!


Ingredients (recipe makes 16 cookies)
Ritz Crackers (regular, whole grain, reduced fat... whatever floats your boat)
Creamy peanut butter
Chocolate almond bark or Candyquik

Directions
1. Open up one roll of Ritz Crackers. Smear peanut butter between 2 crackers to make a sandwich, and continue until you are done with the roll. You should have 16 sandwiches. I had one lone cracker leftover but it was broken. Sad face. :(


2. Break apart the almond bark or Candyquik. I used 4 squares of almond bark and it was the perfect amount. If you use Candyquik, use  a few chunks and if you need more, you can always add more!

3. Put the chunks of almond bark/candy coating into a coffee mug. Coffee mugs are great for dipping because they are not very wide but are deep enough to submerge your cookies.

4. Put the mug in the microwave for about a minute, but pause it periodically to stir it and make sure it is melting evenly and not burning. I had to microwave mine for several 15 second intervals--stirring in between--until my chocolate was evenly melted.

5. Drop a sandwich into the mug of chocolate and use a spoon to turn it around and coat it with chocolate. Once it is completely coated, lift it out of the mug with the spoon. I had to use the flat side of a butter knife to lightly brush off the excess chocolate from the top of the cookie back into the mug. 


6. Place coated sandwich cookies on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet to harden. Once you have finished coating all the sandwiches, transfer the cookie sheet to the refrigerator to finish hardening. This won't take long! In the meantime, pour a glass of milk and get ready to enjoy heavenly chocolate-peanut butter bliss.


xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...