It's been a while it seems since I have written a food-related post. Life has gotten in the way, which isn't a bad thing, and so my kitchen adventures have been not quite blog-worthy. However, in an effort to overhaul the hubs and my eating habits in favor of healthier selections, I've found some yummy snacks and food items that are healthier choices but still very satisfying! Take a peek into my pantry to see my must-haves this month. I'm not sure how often these will change but I'll be sure to share when they do! Also, please feel free to share some of your favorite healthy snacks/meals in a comment below. xo.
1. earnest eats superfood trail mix granola bars are one of my new favorite grab-and-go snacks! With wholesome ingredients with none of that artificial stuff, I feel satisfied when an afternoon craving hits.
2. Almond Nut Thins are an obsession. Not only are they gluten free, but they are light and crispy and perfect dippers for hummus! They come in several flavors but I prefer the original.
3. This white balsamic & honey salad dressing is fabulous! I am not normally a salad person and am especially picky when it comes to dressings, but I think this is the only one I'll ever need. Flavorful and light, you don't need much to give a boring salad a good kick!
4. Lately, I've vowed to reduce dairy intake after reading/hearing from multiple sources that it is not necessary to a healthy diet. After having a delicious coffee and coconut milk drink at the new coffee shop down the street, Brewed, I decided to purchase this delightful drink for myself to mix with the occasional morning coffee. So. Good!
5. When a food craving hits right before mealtime, I pop a piece of gum to tide me over until it's actually time to eat. It really helps to keep me from too much snacking.
6. Bananas aren't really "new" for me, but I did go a few weeks without buying them so I added them back to the grocery list as a quick and healthy addition to breakfast or lunch.
7. My hubs and I decided to give the "gluten free" thing a try after he was experiencing a sensitive stomach. Though neither of us are diagnosed with Celiac disease, it has helped us discover new foods we wouldn't have normally tried, such as this gluten-free quinoa spaghetti! It tastes the exact same as normal spaghetti so we've made it a permanent staple.
8. I like to keep trail mix on hand when I need a little sweet and salty fix. This cranberry mix from Target is my favorite! Plus, I think it is one of the only ones that does not have ingredients that contain gluten.
9. Pears are a new fruit addition to the grocery list and have slowly replaced apples. Don't get me wrong--apples are wonderful but after many months of the same thing, it's nice to shake things up a bit! Plus they have tons of healthy fiber.
10. These cranberry bars have to be my number one favorite snack these days! My mom introduced them to me recently and I can't get enough! They are a delicious and filling breakfast packed with protein. What I especially love is that they contain a mere 7 ingredients. Wholesome and tasty!