Wednesday, January 16, 2013

treasure hunting

It is so thrilling and just plain fun to visit antique/vintage/junk shops in hopes of discovering something old that will get a new life in my home. A few weeks ago, I finally ventured out to Curiosities in Dallas [something I've been dying to do for months] and was amazed at the vast amount of inventory that they had! Admittedly, I was a bit overwhelmed but it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Here are a few photos I took:


Since I left empty-handed, I still felt determined to find some new pieces to decorate with since the hubs and I decided to revamp our living room [I'll save the re-do photos for another post once everything is in place!] After mom and sister decided to visit me last weekend for a girl's shopping day, I did some digging and found a fun "junk" shop to explore much closer to home: Junker Val in Bluebonnet Circle, Fort Worth.


This place was a little piece of heaven! It was a much smaller and more manageable shop to navigate than Curiosities, with a bubbly shop owner who offered cookies/cake/wine/soda to all the visitors who wandered in the open front door. I purchased three items that I am so excited about! A silver tray [$5], a gold piggy to hold my rings [$5] and a vintage photo of the Dallas skyline [$10]. This is definitely a place I plan to frequent more often! If you plan to visit, note that this is a cash only business. If you are a klutz like me, I've learned it's best to wear a slim cross-body style purse as opposed to a large bag to avoid knocking over breakables.





Do you like to treasure hunt? What are some fun things you have found or places you've visited? xo.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to do some treasure hunting this weekend... wish we could go together! I need your artsy eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I wish we could go together too! It would be so much fun. Send pics if you find anything good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...