Monday, September 17, 2012

the dallas flea

Saturday was an absolutely perfect "fall" day. Overcast, cool, and breezy--it was truly dreamy! My mom and sister drove up to visit for the day and we set off for the Dallas Flea. If you aren't familiar with this event, I highly recommend it! Vintage, artisan, and antique vendors take over the first floor South Side on Lamar [a downtown loft building with a cool industrial vibe] and show off lots of seriously awesome and unique loot.






I could have definitely spent a lot of money there, but walked away with a few treasures that I knew I just wouldn't be able to live without.

Vintage Samsonite luggage bag [hello, new purse!], vintage cat eye sunnies,
some old keys for a future craft project. Pictured with: Trader Joe's 2 [now 3] buck
Chuck and Cookie Butter that everyone RAVES about.
After a couple hours browsing the Flea, we headed back to Fort Worth for some al fresco dining at Shaw's Patio on Magnolia. Being my first time at Shaw's, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, the cheddar/bacon/tomato panini I ordered was delicious. It's definitely made my restaurant rotation! I can't wait to eat on the patio again now that fall weather might be here to stay.



 We ended the day with a quick visit to Trader Joe's, Bath & Body Works [can't get enough of those candles!], and some petite desserts at McKinley's.



Seriously. Best day ever! Can't go wrong with fall + shopping.  xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...