Friday, September 14, 2012

no-bake [healthy] pb bites

I always find the best recipes when I get really desperate. The other day I was really craving something sweet. I remembered pinning this recipe for No Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven and happened to have all the ingredients on hand except the coconut flakes. Luckily the recipe suggests adding in extra of another ingredient to replace the coconut. Perfect.

This recipe makes 20-25 bites, but since I didn't want that temptation sitting around in my kitchen, I divided the recipe so it would yield 5-6.

The best part about these is that the ingredients are for the most part pretty healthy! It's also easy to make substitutions if you don't have these specific ingredients.


No Bake PB Bites
[adapted from Gimme Some Oven]

*Slightly less than 1/4 cup dry oatmeal [Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats]
*1/8 cup coconut flakes [I replaced with extra oats]
*1 heaping tbsp. peanut butter [crunch or smooth. can use any type of nut butter]
*Slightly less than 1/8 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ
*1-2 tbsp chocolate chips
*1 tbsp honey
*dash of vanilla

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until evenly combined. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Form mixture into 5-6 round balls. Enjoy! Store in an airtight container.



Have you tried this recipe or one similar to it? What are your favorite add-ins? xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...