Friday, March 2, 2012

dirty hair bun

I wash my hair every other day, so on the "dirty hair" days, I try to come up with cute styles that keep my hair up and out of my face. Washing hair too frequently can strip off its natural oils and cause it to be dry and dull, so give your hair a break and try out this cute 'do. No one will be able to tell you didn't wash! xo.


You will need a hair tie and some bobby pins. If you need extra volume like I do, you can use a teaser comb or brush to tease your roots. I also tease the rest of my hair just a little for extra volume all around so my bun looks bigger.

Before styling, you can apply dry shampoo or baby powder in your roots to eliminate some of the oil in your hair and give it some extra texture.

To style:

1. Gather your hair loosely in a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Lightly smooth out any weird bumps with your comb or fingers, then start twisting your ponytail around itself into a bun and secure with a hair tie.

2. Massage the roots at the crown of your head, pulling the hair up gently so you get some extra volume at the top. You can also massage your bun a little to loosen it up and make it look more messy.

3. Using your bobby pins, pin some of the hair on the part of the bun closest to your scalp to the rest of your hair to close the gap and hide the hair tie.

4. If you have bangs or shorter face-framing layers like I do, twist or braid them and pin them back behind your ear. Lightly brush out some "wispies" around your face to soften the look.

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...