Monday, June 18, 2012

egg-free chocolate chip cookies

You know I can't keep a good recipe secret for long, right? [Remember my easy, yummy homemade pizza crust recipe?] Well.... here comes another spectacular, easy recipe!

I had a hankerin' for something sweet [isn't this how it always starts...] and had all the ingredients to bake something except eggs! Before getting bummed out, I did a quick internet search for egg-free chocolate chip cookies and found an awesome-looking recipe. I set to work combining the ingredients and decided to go ahead and add some walnuts [left over from my delicious chicken feta salad] and some marshmallows because they were there. The cookies turned out amazingly, and I was so surprised that I didn't miss the eggs at all. In fact, the cookies turned out incredibly chewy and "flat", my favorite qualities in chocolate chip cookies. PS: These got my hubby's approval, and he's a picky cookie eater, so I know I struck gold with this recipe! Try it out and let me know what you think! xo.


Egg-Free Rocky Road Cookies 
adapted from this recipe on Bunch of Cooks
[makes approx. 2 doz. cookies]


1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp. canola oil
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/4 cup mini marshmallows

1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars.
3. Slowly add in flour and baking soda (mix will be dry after this step).
4. Add in the vanilla, oil, and 1/4 cup applesauce. If the mix is not quite doughy, add a little more until a doughy consistency.
5. Turn off your mixer and stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, and marshmallows.

6. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and drop spoonfuls of dough the sheet, about an inch apart. I flattened my dough out a bit so the cookies would spread more and get really flat. 
7. Bake for about 10 minutes until light golden brown. Let them cool on the baking sheets and then they are ready to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...