Saturday, May 19, 2012

fort worth happy hour :: mk's sushi

I'm thinking of starting a new weekly-ish series that focuses on the happy hour hot spots in Fort Worth. After starting my full-time big girl job last month, I've really come to appreciate a good happy hour special from time to time.

This past Friday my friend and I decided a cocktail was calling our names after work! We knew we wanted sushi and a good happy hour, so MK Sushi in the West 7th district fit the bill. There are lots of great sushi places around Fort Worth and I'm sure this will be the first of many I write about.

Anyway, appetizers were very inexpensive [hello, $3 edamame!], drinks were very affordable, and there was a limited selection of rolls for $5! We split an order of edamame, each got our own roll, and had a drink or two. At $2 each it's not a bad deal! I tried a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry juice and it was perfect. Refreshing for a warm May afternoon. Did I mention MK has a patio? That was also a major factor in our happy hour selection. Gotta soak in these wonderful Texas spring afternoons while we can before it gets too unbearably hot.

Overall, MK Sushi gets about 4.5 stars out of 5. I only dock them points because the service wasn't great when we first arrived [I want my server to greet me and at least take my drink order instead of making us sit and wait for 10 minutes--and trust me, it wasn't overly busy at 6 pm] but it did get better.


Cheers! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, pretty please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...